- Home /
- Our laksa /
- Pong's katong laksa paste
Pong’s Katong Laksa paste
You will become a laksa chef with Pong's laksa paste. Preparation in 4 easy steps to achieve that much loved traditional taste.
We at Pong's Laksa House were determined to preserve Singapore's Katong laksa heritage. This is our gift to Singaporeans and possible Singapore's to the world.
Total Fat: 28.9g
Total Carbohydrates: 32.0g
Vitamin C: 1.2mg
How TO Prepare
- Serves 4-5
- Pong’s Katong Laksa paste
- Coconut cream
- Evaporated full cream milk
- A measuring cup
- For traditional Katong Laksa, you’ll need
- Laksa or thick noodles
- Bean Sprout
- Boiled prawns
- Sliced fish cake
- Chopped laksa leaves
- 1.Add 1 packet of Pong's Laksa Paste (100g) into exactly 1 litre of boiling water. Stir well until paste is totally dissolved.
- 2.Lower to medium flame or medium heat if using induction cooker before adding 400ml of coconut cream and continue to stir until the mixture is even. Avoid using fresh coconut or coconut milk if you prefer a thicker gravy texture.
- 3.Turn off the flame and add 50ml of evaporated milk, stir well. Do not serve immediately as the gravy would be diluted at this point.
- 4. Put the lid on and allow it to settle for 20-25 minutes. This is to allow the coconut in the mixture to settle and the gravy will become thicker in texture and is time to serve.
- 5.Bring gravy to boil again before serving.
- 6.Garnish with chopped laksa leaves, sambal or nasi lemak chilli and serve piping hot.